Home > General News > 7 Years For Rapist Driver

7 Years For Rapist Driver


Isaiah Aseidu

POLICEMEN on Friday whisked away an 18-year-old taxi driver from an Obuasi Circuit courtroom to prison to begin his seven-year sentence in hard labour, after he was found guilty of abduction and defilement.

The court, presided over by Gilbert Ayisi Addo, convicted Isaiah Aseidu, popularly known as Kwame, on his own admission to abduction and defilement charges, contrary to sections 91 and 101 of Act 29/60.

On September 17, 2009, at about 7am at Donkokrom No.2 near New Edubiase in the Adansi South District, the taxi driver abducted a 14-year-old primary five pupil of New Edubiase Methodist School whilst she was going to school, prosecution told the court.

According to Chief Inspector Mohammed Agumah, the accused person (now convicted) failed to allow his captive to return home, but kept her for one week and defiled her throughout the period.

He stated further that the father of the victim, who is the complainant in the case, together with his other children searched for the victim, but could not find her. A week after her abduction, the victim’s mother, a witness in the case, had information that her daughter had been abducted and was being kept in the room of a taxi driver at Amudurase, also near New Edubiase, prosecution added.

He continued that the mother then proceeded to the village and met her teenage daughter in the room of the accused, and therefore took her away without reporting the matter to the police.

Chief Inspector Agumah said the victim, just after spending two days with her family, ran away to an unknown destination and was later seen hiding in the room of Aseidu on November 18, 2009, at about 11:00pm, following a new search conducted.

The police prosecutor intimated that a report was then made to the police and the accused person was subsequently arrested. The accused person admitted to the offence in his caution statement to the police that the victim was his girlfriend and had been sleeping with her for the past two months since she left home.

Chief Agumah concluded that a medical form was issued to the victim, and after police investigations, Isaiah Aseidu was charged and arraigned for prosecution.

Source: dailyguideghana

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: